Website Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is one of the leading institutions for higher education in Europe and aims to be inspiring, innovative, and committed to societal welfare. It compromises ten faculties and has teaching facilities for 23,000 students.
The Faculty of Behavioural and Movement Sciences (FBM) at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is unique in the wide field of behavioral and health sciences for combining the disciplines of psychology, education theory, and human movement sciences. The faculty contributes to a better understanding of the way behavior and movement are caused and can be influenced so as to promote physical and mental health and improve performance. FBM hosts the research institutes LEARN! (http://www.learn.vu.nl/nl/learn-in-english) and IBBA (ibba.institute), and takes part in the Spinoza Centre for Neuroimaging (http://www.spinozacentre.nl/).
Post Type: PhD
Duration: 4 Years
Application Deadline: 19th January 2017.
• A completed MSc degree in the field of psychology, preferably research master (developmental) cognitive neuroscience or a related field such as cognitive psychology or neuropsychology;
• affinity with scientific research at the intersection of cognitive neuroscience and education;
• affinity with neuro-imaging research, experience (e.g. during master thesis) is an advantage (position 1);
• affinity with statistical models for longitudinal analyses, the experience is an advantage (position 2);
• affinity with the programming of cognitive tasks, the experience is an advantage;
• good social skills to interact with high school students and teachers;
• good organizational skills;
• excellent English scientific writing and presenting skills.
How to apply
Applicants should send a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of at least 2 referents, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Ph.D. ERC Brainbeliefs”. Deadline for applications: January 19, 2017.
For more information, please visit the program website.