This position, available for a period of one year, is to complete a research project on the effects of chiral molecules on the properties of brushite ceramic. The person accepted into this position will be expected to build upon previous work done in the lab to extend our findings that chiral molecules exert regulatory hierarchical control over the properties brushite ceramic.
- To perform biophysical analyses of the brushite ceramic produced in the lab, the candidate must be skilled/experienced in electron microscopy, Raman spectroscopy, atomic force microscopy, light microscopy, focused-ion beam milling, X-ray diffraction and circular dichroism. The candidate will be expected to have manuscript preparation skills.
- General computer skills, good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite, ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team, experience in collaborating with graduate students, exceptional organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Rosetta Surface computational simulations will be considered advantageous.
- PhD in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
- Five (5) years of research experience as a postdoctoral fellow
How to Apply
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: email@example.com
Applications must be received no later than January 28, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification
For more information, please visit program website.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.mcgill.ca/hr/research-associate-0 →